Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

The Opioid Crisis

A family of five was forced to move out of their dream home because it was contaminated with meth

Jason and Amanda Gates (pictured) and their three children were forced to leave their dream home in Washington state after just 10 days because it was contaminated with high levels of meth.

A Washington state family was forced to leave their recently purchased dream home after just 10 days because it was contaminated with high levels of methamphetamine.

Jason and Amanda Gates were horrified to discover their home had been exposed to toxic levels of meth, especially after moving their three young children inside.

The Gates family has rented the Maple Valley area for the past two years and loved it enough to buy their first home.

Jason and Amanda Gates (pictured) and their three children were forced to leave their dream home in Washington state after just 10 days because it was contaminated with high levels of meth.

Jason and Amanda Gates (pictured) and their three children were forced to leave their dream home in Washington state after just 10 days because it was contaminated with high levels of meth.

They were horrified to discover their home had been exposed to toxic levels of meth, especially after moving their three young children inside.

They were horrified to discover their home had been exposed to toxic levels of meth, especially after moving their three young children inside.

Recently, the couple bought a foreclosed home (pictured) at auction, but the meth problem was never revealed through paperwork or discovered during a home inspection, according to a family friend.

Recently, the couple bought a foreclosed home (pictured) at auction, but the meth problem was never revealed through paperwork or discovered during a home inspection, according to a family friend.

The couple recently bought a foreclosed home at auction, but the meth problem was never disclosed through paperwork or discovered during a home inspection, according to a family friend.

“We were horrified. I can’t believe this is such a serious issue and it’s not included in the home inspection,” Amanda told WBTV.

Until the couple’s neighbor mentioned that the previous owners might have used meth in the home.

According to a GoFundMe account set up for the couple, because of the type of smoke the deadly drug releases, “it was absorbed by almost every square inch of the house.”

ALSO READ:  The end of the family doctor? Patients are hit when 474 GP surgeries close their doors in ten years

Jason and Amanda were then forced to leave their home with their seven-year-old daughter, five-year-old son and six-month-old boy, all of whom were exposed to toxic levels of meth after being in the home for several years. 10 days.

“The house will need to be decontaminated by stripping it down to the nails in some rooms and sheet metal in the rest of the house and scrapping and replacing everything else including carpets, floors, doors, cupboards etc and even some personal items including their son’s glasses ,” according to the GoFundMe page.

According to a GoFundMe account set up for the couple, due to the type of smoke the deadly drug releases,

According to a GoFundMe account set up for the couple, due to the type of smoke the deadly drug releases, “it was absorbed by almost every square inch of the house.”

A GoFundMe account has been set up for the family to help offset the $11,500 cost of decontamination.  The couple said some of their child's (pictured) belongings were also contaminated

A GoFundMe account has been set up for the family to help offset the $11,500 cost of decontamination. The couple said some of their child’s (pictured) belongings were also contaminated

A GoFundMe account has been set up for the family to help offset the $11,500 cost of decontamination.

“It’s a real problem and it’s not something that your normal, average, everyday buyer would even think about,” Jason told WBTV.

The family hopes that by revealing their experience, they can help save other families from the same nightmare.

Meth contamination is not a required test to be performed during an inspection.

There is a $50.00 inspection kit that can save families a lot of money and possible health problems.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You May Also Like

News

Nick Grey wants to have his right leg amputated just above the knee. The 54-year-old from Harworth, Doncaster, has been in constant pain since...

Liposuction

Last year she went under the knife for full body liposuction and a Brazilian butt lift. And on Saturday, Sarah Roza showed off the...

News

Dr Janet Leese, a GP, was only 57 when she was told that she was going to die because of something terrible that had...

Cosmetic Surgery

Bella Hadid’s mother Yolanda has come under furious fire for allowing the model to get a nose job at age 14. Bella, now 25...